SORORITY & FRATERNITY LIFE
Sorority & Fraternity Life Awards
Sorority & Fraternity Life Awards Banquet
The Greek Standards and Awards Program winners are recognized during the annual Loyola Weekend of Excellence. The Sorority & Fraternity Life Awards Banquet is designed to honor the Greek community's achievements and recognize the contributions of students, advisors, and staff.
2013-2014 GSAP Award Winners
|Interfraternity Council||Multicultural Greek Council||Panhellenic Council|
|Academic Achievement||Sigma Alpha Epsilon||Lambda Theta Alpha||Alpha Chi Omega|
|Risk Prevention & Accountability||Sigma Alpha Epsilon||---||Alpha Delta Pi|
|Philanthropy & Community Service||Sigma Alpha Epsilon||Lambda Theta Alpha||Sigma Alpha Epsilon|
|Leadership & Member Development||Sigma Alpha Epsilon||Delta Phi Lambda||Alpha Chi Omega|
|Chapter Management||Sigma Chi||Lambda Theta Alpha||Kappa Kappa Gamma|
Greek Standards and Awards Program
The Greek Standards and Awards Program (GSAP) is designed to assist chapters in achieving the highest level of excellence possible in programming and chapter management. The applications for each of the five (5) categories outline actions and policies of an ideal chapter. The process for preparing an award application in and of itself will assist the chapter in evaluating its programs and management. Submission of an application gives the chapter an opportunity to have its programs evaluated by Loyola faculty/staff that will provide written and verbal feedback.
- Cover Page - Must be submitted with completed application. Requires signature of President and Advisor.
- Academic Achievement
- Risk Prevention & Accountability
- Community Service & Philanthropy
- Leadership & Membership Development
- Chapter Management
To view the complete document, click on Greek Standards & Awards Program.
All Chapters are required to complete an application consisting at least three (3) of the five (5) categories every year, which include: Academic Achievement, Risk Prevention & Accountability, Community Service & Philanthropy, Leadership & Membership Development, Chapter Management. One category must be Academic Achievement and the additional two are up to the chapter's discretion.
- Award Period: January 1, 2012-December 3, 2012
- Application Due Date: December 7, 2012 at 5:00pm to SAGA office (Damen Student Center, Suite 127)
- Committee members serve as awards judges who thoroughly review every application, provide objective measure and written feedback, and consult with chapters about awards applications during the academic year.
- Committee members assist the Coordinator for Sorority & Fraternity Life with the annual review and weighting of awards criteria.
- Committee members serve as an advisory voice to Sorority & Fraternity Life for the Greek Standards and Awards Program and have the opportunity to serve as Awards Consultants.