Start an Organization
The Application Process
Starting a student organization can be a rewarding experience. A group of five or more Loyola University Chicago students may apply for organization registration through Student Activities & Greek Affairs (SAGA). The University reserves the right to limit the number of organizations with duplicate purposes. By registering your student organization with SAGA, your organization may take advantage of campus resources to promote your organization, recruit members, hold meetings, and support other activities. Here is a guide to creating and registering your organization. Review of applications happens once a semester (Mid-October and late January).
Step One—Browse our list of current organizations to determine if a similar organization exists.
Step Two—Request to register your organization with SAGA via OrgSync by completing the online registration form.
- Register on OrgSync if you have not already at www.orgsync.com
- Search for Loyola University Chicago community
- Click "Browse Organizations"
- Click "Register New Organization"
- Complete the online registration form (be sure to register as either an RSO or SSO, upload a proposed membership roster of at least five LUC students, and draft an organization constitution)
Step Three—New student organization requests will be reviewed by the review panel. The review panel will consist of a SAGA staff member, a student representative from CAN (Campus Activities Network), and a graduate assistant. The prospective members of any new student organization will need to attend a review session. Prospective members will be asked questions by the review panel before the final determination is made. Types of questions the panel will be asking include:
- What events or tabling will be done to promote your organization?
- How will Orgsync be used within your organization?
- What is your organization offering the community that is unique?
- How will your organization sustain membership?
- How many years has your organization's leadership been at Loyola and how does your organization plan on transitioning new leadership?
- How does your organization relate to the mission of SAGA and the University?
- How does your organization’s mission relate/uphold the values of the Student Promise?
Step Four—After meeting with the review panel, a recommendation will be made to the Director of Student Activities & Greek Affairs regarding the status of your organization. If approved, your organization will be required to attend a mandatory New Student Organization Orientation before being eligible for all the benefits of being a Registered Student Organization. Orientation sessions are offered two (2) times per academic year and coincide with the registration deadlines. Details about the orientation will be distributed with your approval materials.
Approved organizations must attend the New Student Organization Orientation to be eligible for Student Activity Fund (SAF) funding during the current academic year. If your application is unsuccessful, your organization must wait one calendar year before re-applying.